February 28, 2017
- 2 cups of cauliflower florets, about 8 ounces
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces whole grain or gluten free fettuccine pasta
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup low fat evaporated milk
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup frozen petite peas, thawed (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, plus extra for garnish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- Put the cauliflower, broth and 1 cup water in a small pot; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Adjust the heat to maintain a simmer and cook until the cauliflower is very soft, 25-30 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool 5 minutes. Carefully puree cauliflower and all the liquid in a blender until very smooth; set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente, 8 minutes. Drain well, reserving about 1 cup pasta cooking water.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the cauliflower puree and evaporated milk and bring to a simmer. Cook until slightly thickened, 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the peas until heated through, 2 minutes. Toss in the cooked pasta, Parmesan cheese and about 1/2 cup of pasta water until the noodles are coated but the sauce is still loose. Remove from the heat and toss in the butter, chopped parsley, and lemon zest. (If the sauce seems thick, adjust the consistency with the remaining pasta water). Serve immediately sprinkled with chopped parsley.
January 16, 2013
Roasted Root Medley and the Cashew Zucchini Soup from the Beachbody Ultimate Reset are MY FAVORITE of all the recipes! They’re so freakin’ good.
Roasted Root Medley:
¼ medium-sized yam or sweet potato, washed and cut into 1-inch chunks
½ carrot, washed and cut into 1-inch chunks
½ large beet, washed and cut into 1-inch chunks
¼ yellow onion, peeled and cut into large wedges
2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
Himalayan salt (to taste)
Directions for Roasted Root Medley:
Preheat the oven to 400F. In a bowl, toss all ingredients together. Spread on cookie sheet and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, turning once or twice to prevent burning. Serves 1.
If you double or increase this recipe, make sure that the vegetables don’t crowd each other on the cookie sheet, because this will create steam and your vegetables will not become nice and crispy. When in doubt use 2 cookie sheets.
Cashew and Zucchini Soup
1 large or 2 small zucchini, cut into chunks and steamed
1/4 cup raw cashews
Soak cashews in enough water to cover for 1 hour; drain. Combine cashews, zucchini, salt, and basil in blender and mix until smooth, adding water as needed for desired consistency. Pour into saucepan and reheat gently, but do not boil. Can serve cold. Serves 1.